The Vibe Collective : Real Talk. Real Music. Real Vibes. Each and every Saturday 3pm to 5pm on CIUT 89.5FM with DJ Jams, Mali DocuVixen, Kemba King, Adnan aka DJ AdItUp, Adrian Worrell & DJ gryphen. THE VIBE COLLECTIVE IS AN ONGOING DIALOGUE ABOUT HIPHOP, ART, DECOLONIZATION, SOCIAL JUSTICE, IDENTITY, CAPITALISM, ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE AND THE WAYS IN WHICH THESE THINGS INTERSECT, FOLLOWED BY AN HOUR OF MUSIC TO MOVE YOU.
This week we ours special guest was Junior Burchall and discussed cultural education.
Round Table Discussion
Playlist: DJ gryphen
Citizen Kane– “interlude”
CNN– “Blood Money ii”
Saukrates– “Money or Love”
Tara Chase feat Saukarates– “Autonomy”
Nas feat Jully Black– “Material Things”
Dwele– “Money don’t mean a Thing”
Event Listings: via: http://www.swallowsongs.com/
UPCOMING EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
From Inclusion to Centralization: Trusting Your Own Wisdom Traditions
2-3:15pm, Thursday January 31, 2013, York Lanes, York University
This workshop explores how emerging science validates some practices in Indigenous and other wisdom traditions as intrinsic to the wellbeing of individuals, communities and the Earth. We will transcend notions of “inclusion” to explore how to centralize knowledges founded on concepts of interdependence and relatedness across all forms of life.
More info: http://www.yorku.ca/respect/
REVOLUTIONIZE YOUR VALENTINE’S DAY:
Radical Love and the Spirit of Social Justice
Mayworks is pleased to invite you to an interactive workshop celebrating radical love and social justice on Saturday, February 9th. This workshop is an opportunity for us to celebrate the spirit of social justice. PWYC
This interactive workshop is for you if:
- Your vision of social justice is fueled by love and compassion.
- Your vision of social justice recognizes the inter-relatedness of all life.
- You are interested in drawing on emerging science and ancient wisdom to strengthen your political and artistic work.
- You want to support Mayworks and our communities.
The workshop will allow you to:
- Experience the mind/body/emotion/spirit connection.
- Explore the relationship between art, science, activism and spirituality.
- Be inspired by the sharing of knowledge and wisdom across cultures.
- Gain knowledge and practices that promote individual and collective wellbeing.
- Increase your capacity to sustainably contribute to social change movements.
Saturday February 9, 2013
2 – 5 pm
PSAC Boardroom (90 Eglinton Ave East)
Facilitator: Zainab Amadahy is a singer-songwriter, author and community worker. Many of her recent writings can be found at www.zainaba.com/publications.html , www.rabble.ca and www.muskratmagazine.com.